9 AM, 10:30 AM, 6 PM
1667 Edgewood Road, Yardley, PA
Church Office: 215.493.4145
Preschool Office: 215.493.5009
New Child Protection Law:
On December 31, 2014, a new child protection law went into effect in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Adults applying for an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children will need clearances submitted prior to the commencement of service.
• A child is any individual under 18 years of age.
• Direct contact with children is defined as the care, supervision, guidance or control of children or routine interaction with children. Therefore if you work with or are a part of:
• Woodside Christian Preschool
• Nursery Care
• Sunday School/Rising Son Ministries
• Adventure Club
• Vacation Bible School
• Sports Camp
• Ministry Camp
• Junior High
• Senior High
• Mission Trips
You are required to obtain your own clearances and submit copies of these to Woodside.
The clearances needed are:
• Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services
• Volunteers applying for an unpaid position are not required to obtain FBI Clearance if the position is unpaid and they have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years. (If you attend Woodside but reside in NJ, even if you’ve attended Woodside for more than 10 years, PA government requires you to get your fingerprints through Federal Gov.)
All clearances must be:
• renewed every 60 months based on the date of each individual clearance.
• You must have these clearances prior to volunteering.
• All necessary instructions and links to apply for these clearances can be found at
You own the clearances:
• Clearances may be transferred to Woodside if any person obtained the above clearances within the previous 36 months. Woodside must retain copies of the required information and require the individual to produce the original documents prior to employment or acceptance to serve in any such capacity. An employer, administrator, supervisor or person responsible for selection of volunteers that intentionally fails to require an applicant to submit the required clearance commits a misdemeanor of the third degree. This information is confidential and may not be released to other individuals.
• In the past, you filled out a screening form if you ever volunteered to work with children at Woodside. These forms gave us permission to perform a criminal background check on you, and these forms belonged to Woodside. With the change of the state law, you need to provide the background and child abuse clearance forms and those belong to you. You will be required to have these documents for any volunteer position be it in the public schools, or scouts, or camps that instruct/care for children.
If you have any questions, please contact me, the Director of Children's Ministries at the church, 215-493-4145.
Home | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Directions | Locations | Worship Times | Contact Us
© 2013 Woodside Church. All Rights reserved.